Sunday, February 1, 2009

DEMO: Gloria Orange and Silver



Right off, this video mostly shows you what a struggle the right corner of this painting was, ending with an abrupt scraping off and repainting at the end.

But, I'm posting it. I wish someone would have told me - Hey! Not everything can be saved! This isn't your last brushstroke ever! If it stinks, wipe it off and start over!

This is one of the (many) benefits of painting all the time. If you only make 3 paintings a year, every moment better be genius. OTOH, if I make 50 paintings a year, I can pick 3 really good ones with relatively little stress.

Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe in a reader
Or, you can Subscribe to Art Studio Secrets by Email

1 comment:

  1. The excellent etude has turned out, thanks:) sincere pleasure from viewing, and copying of segments of an orange;)

    ReplyDelete